Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Don't steal me!


According to the federal trade commission, “Identity theft occurs when someone uses your personal information without your permission to commit fraud or other crimes”. It’s important to be very careful when using the Internet, as it common to have other people using one’s personal data; doing credit card fraud, for example. The best way to prevent such a fraud is to get suspicious with any website that requires credit card number (or even secret codes!). It’s important to always check if the website is secured. Personally, I only give my credit card number to buy things on big websites I trust, such as amazon.fr, or fnac.com. I never allow my browser (or the website) to memorize this number. I also check my bank account often enough to detect any suspicious activity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home